Nitrogen for food use
CLAIND’S NITROGEN GENERATORS FOR FOOD USE
Claind's generators for nitrogen self-production use the PSA (Pressure Swing Adsorption) technology for the production of E941 food nitrogen, improved thanks to the FAST PURITY® patent.
Claind's Food Nitrogen therefore preserves the natural freshness of food, increasing its shelf life and keeping unaltered the organoleptic properties and allowing many other benefits:
- the use of cutting-edge molecular sieves, result of thirty years of research
- low fuel consumption and high purity thanks to the FAST PURITY® patent
- purity analyzer and pressure regulator always included
- the N2 series (FLO, PICO and MAXI) uses a single supply
- continuous monitoring of the compressed air quality
FLO, PICO AND MAXI: PRODUCTS FOR THE FOOD & BEVERAGE INDUSTRY
Flo, Pico and Maxi nitrogen generators consist of a large number of models that produce from 1.5 to 200 nm3 /h. Each generator is available in the double version L and H, the latter being capable of working on higher input air pressures and thus producing a greater flow of nitrogen.
CiAGi Compressori can meet system requirements of any size, also installing an air compressor if it is not already present. Nitrogen generators, compressors, supply and other elements of the plant can be installed on skid.
Finally, it is possible to combine a Gas Mixer in case the nitrogen should be delivered in combination with carbon dioxide.
Nitrogen applications in food & beverage are mainly two.
The packaging in a protected and modified atmosphere, consisting of nitrogen or nitrogen mixtures with other gases, allows to minimize the contamination of food with the outside environment in order not to alter the state of preservation.
Thanks to this practice you get many benefits:
- higher production volumes with the same level of fixed investment
- longer shelf-life and therefore the best saleability of the products
- fresh products with superior organoleptic characteristics
- reduction of production and transport costs
- reduction of product losses due to production waste and returned goods
- higher quality levels and food security
Nitrogen is used for:
- meats and salami
- inertization of capsules and coffee pods in the coffee packaging
- dairy products and derivatives
- food pasta
- vegetable and fruit products (IV range)
PRESERVATION OF LIQUIDS FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION
For the protection of food liquids, nitrogen is used within the storage tank both during the bottling phase and in all stages of the transfer and handling of the fluid in order to evacuate the dissolved oxygen. Nitrogen is used for:
- flat water pressurization
- fruit juices
There are also some substance-specific uses.
In the case of food oils, nitrogen is also used in the milling and grafting phases; this process entails a higher concentration of polyphenolic substances acting as antioxidants.
Nitrogen placed in flat water containers, such as CO2 for the carbonated one, acts as a stabilizer for the container, minimizing the risk of breakage when stacked with others.
All stages of the wine production process involve the use of nitrogen, so as to avoid any contact with the oxygen and its irreversible oxidative effects.